If you are looking to get your products or services seen online and want to be noticed on Facebook you need something that will catch the eye of your target audience, to keep them engaged and tempt them into clicking to view your page.
You need to be seen if you want people to buy from you.
It is always a challenge trying to get your products seen online, whether you are a small business or a larger company, so displaying a single photograph of what you are offering limits who will be interested. Photo slideshows, or photo-videos give you the opportunity to showcase either many different views of one product, lots of different products or even a mixture of photographs and text. This guide will show you just how easy it is to do on your facebook page.
If you would like to see an example of a photo video on Facebook – CLICK HERE
Go to your Facebook Page from a computer/laptop – this doesn’t work well on mobile
Step 1b (new step as FB have moved things around)
Go to Publishing Tools link (top of screen) and then click on Creator Studio in the tools menu on the left of the page
Click on ‘Post Something’ and then click on the Multimedia icon on the right hand side
Now select the option to Create Slideshow
Now you are ready to manage your settings – I would recommend leaving the aspect ration as original to avoid your images stretching or distorting…. Choose your image duration to your preference, I would recommend 3 seconds for a 10 picture slideshow as it will last 30 seconds which is just about right. Finally you can choose whether you want the images to fade in/out, that is just personal preference – try it and see what you like.
Click on Add Photos when you are happy with your settings.
Select 10 photos from your computer by clicking +Upload Photo or select them from images already on your Facebook Page
- Make sure your pictures are rotated correctly before you upload, you can’t do this after
- Make sure that your pictures are of great quality – that makes the best videos
- Remember you can use your logo at the beginning or end of a video with your contact details
- You can add an image that has text on if you want to
- Don’t worry about the order of the images uploaded you can sort that out later
- You can only have a maximum of 10 pictures so choose wisely
- You can select multiple photos from your computer by holding down the ALT key and clicking on the different images you want (you can deselect images you don’t want in the same way hold the ALT key and click on a selected image)
Click on Add Photos button when you are finished uploading/selecting your images and your slideshow will be created automatically
Now you can preview your video by clicking the play button.
If you want to rearrange the order of photos just drag and drop them into the position you want them to appear – then preview again. Take the time to get this how you want it – it’s worth the effort
When you are happy with your slideshow click the ‘Create Slideshow button
Now you can add some text to your post to tell people about your video… you can always add feeling/activity to show you are excited or happy – and check in if you want to
When you are happy with your post click the ‘Publish’ button
- Use the drop down arrow next to Publish if you want to schedule your post to be published at a different time…. it’s not always the best time to publish straight away – think of when you will get more views of your video, if you are making this in the middle of the night because you have the time to do so then it is best to publish the following evening when people are online and will see it fresh – Be patient – it pays
- Remember to share your post when it is published to your own page or to your groups – GET IT SEEN
- Add a link in the post so that people are directed to your website or to a specific product so people know where to buy your product
This will boost the views and visibility of your posts and page so much – you will be surprised.
In the next blog we will go through how to edit your slideshow to add in subtitles
GOOD LUCK and please like our page on facebook if you found this blog useful, share the love